1.71 release notes
Below, you can find release notes for Matillion ETL version 1.71.x
Read about Matillion ETL supported releases.
Matillion ETL version 1.71.2
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to create or edit an environment on Matillion ETL for Redshift after updating to version 1.68.7.
Matillion ETL version 1.71.1
2023 - June 5th
- Added a security patch to instruct search engines to not index Matillion ETL.
- Added support for module-specific views to the Anaplan Bulk component.
- Fixed an issue where jobs failed to validate on Matillion ETL for Delta Lake on Databricks.
Matillion ETL version 1.71.0
2023 - May 30th
New features and improvements
- Updated the HubSpot Query component to offer Private App Token as an authentication method (in addition to OAuth). To learn how to acquire a private app token, read HubSpot Query authentication guide.
- When setting the value of the Other property in the Map Values component to
"", the component will return an empty string for unmatched values when run.
- Added Microsoft Exchange as a source type in the Data Transfer component.
- Updated the User Configuration dialog. You can now provide a Full Name identifier for each user (in addition to a Username) to more easily identify users and their permissions.
- Added an improvement to enable TLS protocols to be restricted in the SSL menu.
- Added a Describe To Grid component. This component lets you save the results of a DESCRIBE command into a grid variable.
- Added a Show To Grid component. This component lets you save the results of a SHOW command into a grid variable.
- You can now export Query ID data from the SQL Script component as a job variable.
- Added Snowflake dynamic data masking policy functionality to the Create Table component. When adding or editing columns, you can set a masking policy. Data in a masked column will display as
- Added an Alter Masking Policy component, which lets you apply a Snowflake dynamic data masking policy to a column in a materialized view, table, or view; or alter a column to use a different masking policy.
Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery
- The SAP ODP Extract component is now generally available to all customers.
Delta Lake on Databricks
- Added a Start Cluster component. This component lets you poll a Databricks cluster to confirm the cluster is running, or else continues polling the cluster at a specified interval (in seconds) until the cluster is running. If the cluster fails to start, the component will fail. Use this component to confirm your Databricks cluster is running before executing further components (for example, in a scheduled job).
- Added a Delta Live Streaming component. This component lets you run a continuous Delta Live Tables pipeline within Matillion ETL asynchronously. To learn more, read What is a Delta Live Tables pipeline?.
- Advanced Connection Settings are now available when creating and editing environments. Click Manage to set additional connection parameters.
Delta Lake on Databricks, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery
- Added an Anaplan Bulk component, which uses the Anaplan API to retrieve bulk data to load into a table via an Anaplan "export" or custom "view".
From version 1.71, the Manage Change Data Capture (CDC) feature has been deprecated.
- The Manage CDC menu item has been removed from the Project menu as of version 1.71.
- The Manage CDC feature is expected to be end-of-life (EOL) by December 2024.
- After 1.71, existing Manage CDC tasks will continue to work until EOL, but you'll need to follow the instructions in Enable Manage CDC to access the Manage CDC dialog.
- This deprecation notice was first issued in the 1.69 release notes.
- Fixed an issue where the Query Result To Scalar component was incrementing sequence values by 2 instead of 1.
- Fixed an issue in Matillion ETL for Snowflake where incorrect SQL was generated for the Create Table component when using default values with the TIMESTAMP type.
- Fixed an issue in Matillion ETL for BigQuery where the Table Output component would return the entire table size instead of a count of newly added rows in task history.
- Reduced memory requirements for the Task History view.
- Fixed an issue in the Anaplan Bulk component where the Model parameter did not work as expected.
- Increased the maximum number of characters per column in the CSV parser for Salesforce Bulk Query to 32000.
- Fixed an issue where the Amplitude Extract component would fail if no data was available for the specified date range. Now, an empty response will be generated instead.
- Salesforce API driver updated
- A new connection option
EmptyValueBehavioris supported, which determines whether the driver sends empty/null values.
- A new connection option