Accessing the Matillion ETL Client (Amazon EC2)
This article assumes you have already launched a Matillion ETL instance on AWS. Read the articles under Launching - AWS for details.
This page will help you find the necessary details to connect to your launched Matillion ETL instance using default login details. For security, we recommend that when you log in for the first time, you set up users with their own logins to the instance. Read User Configuration for details.
Accessing Matillion ETL on Amazon Web Services (EC2)
To log in to your Matillion ETL instance, you will need some details from your EC2 instance.
Open the EC2 Management Console of your AWS account.
Select the running instance that hosts your Matillion ETL client.
Take note of the Instance ID. This will be the default password for the initial login to your instance.
Take note of the Public IPv4 address. This is used to connect to your instance via your internet browser.
Enter the Public IPv4 address in your browser's address bar (or alternatively click open address in the EC2 Management Console) to open your Matillion ETL instance.
The login dialog of the Matillion ETL instance will open. If this is your first login, use the following credentials:
- Username: ec2-user
- Password: The Instance ID noted in step 3.
Click Log In.
- If this is your first login to Matillion ETL, we STRONGLY advise that your first action on the client is to replace this default username and password with your own secure details. This can be done through User Configuration.
- If you are new to Matillion ETL, we recommend reading the documentation on UI and Basic Functions.
- For help launching Matillion ETL for Snowflake, read Launching Matillion ETL for Snowflake Using Templates.
- For help launching Matillion ETL for Redshift, read Launching Matillion ETL for Redshift - AWS.
- For help creating your first project, read Create Project (Snowflake) or Create Project (Redshift).
- For help in adding credentials, read Manage Credentials.