Export your own connector to Matillion ETL
Connectors created in Matillion Custom Connector can be exported to Matillion ETL as an API Extract Profile for use in Matillion ETL orchestration jobs.
This is a two-step process:
- Export the connector from Custom Connector as a JSON file.
- Import the JSON file into Matillion ETL using the Manage Extract Profiles feature.
Export the connector
This process assumes you have already created a suitable connector in Custom Connector. Read Custom Connector overview for details.
To export a connector:
- In Custom Connector, navigate to Connectors.
- Click the Use Connector button to the right of the connector you want to export.
- Click Export and your browser will download a
.jsonfile named after your connector.
- The connector will be written to your default download location (depending on your browser and operating system) as a
.jsonformat file, with the name
<connector name>.json. For example:
Finance API Connector.json.
The export is now complete. Navigate to Matillion ETL and import the connector.
Import the connector into Matillion ETL
In Matillion ETL, you need to create an API Extract Profile using the exported connector. To create the profile:
- In your Matillion ETL instance, click Project → Manage API Profiles → Manage Extract Profiles.
- In the Manage Extract Profiles dialog, click the upload button in the lower left.
- Browse to the location of the
.jsonfile you exported from Custom Connector and select the file. You should see the message "API Extract File was uploaded successfully", indicating that the file is in an acceptable format and has imported correctly. Click OK.
- The new profile is now listed in the Manage Extract Profiles dialog, and is ready for you to use in orchestration jobs. The profile will have the name it was given in Custom Connector. You can perform further configuration of the profile here if you wish to edit the endpoints or add more endpoints, but this shouldn't be necessary if the connector was correctly configured in Custom Connector.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- To use the connector in an orchestration job, add an API Extract component to the job canvas and configure the following properties for it:
- Profile: Select the profile you have imported.
- Data Source: Select from the list of endpoints. All the endpoints you created for the connector in Custom Connector will be available for use as the Data Source.
For more information about configuring extract profiles in Matillion ETL, read Manage Extract Profiles.
For more information about using the API Extract component, read API Extract.