This article outlines the current technical requirements and limitations for using CDC on Data Loader.
Each CDC pipeline requires its own Matillion agent to control the replication process. For more information, see our articles on agents for CDC.
- An Amazon Web Services (AWS) account. Signing up is free - click here or go to https://aws.amazon.com to create an account if you don't have one already.
- Amazon username and password for the Amazon instance used during testing.
- Permissions to create and manage S3 buckets in AWS. Your AWS user must be able to create a bucket (if one doesn't already exist), add/modify bucket policies, and upload files to the bucket.
- The IAM role used by the Agent container has
putObjectpermissions for the S3 bucket and its prefix to be used as the destination by the pipeline.
- An up and running Amazon S3 bucket.
Azure Blob Storage
- Your destination should be an Azure Storage account that supports containers, such as BlobStorage, Storage, or StorageV2.
- At the minimum, the role
Reader & Data Accessis required for sufficient permissions. The role should be applicable for the Azure Storage account in which your destination container is located.
- The destination container needs to use an access key for authentication.
- The agent container needs to use a shared key injected as an environment variable for authentication to the storage container.
- If your storage account only allows access from selected networks, IP "allow listing" is needed.
Google Cloud Storage
- A Google Cloud Storage account. You can sign up with a trial account for free. Go to https://cloud.google.com/storage to sign up.
- Google username and password for the Google Cloud Storage account used during testing.
- An up and running Google Cloud Storage bucket.
- Permissions to create and manage storage in your Google Cloud Storage account. Your Google Cloud Storage user must be able to create a bucket (if one doesn't already exist), add/modify bucket policies, and upload files to the bucket.