Troubleshooting connection to Azure Blob Storage
If you are encountering issues when attempting to connect to Azure Blob Storage from Matillion ETL, this troubleshooting guide may be of assistance. If these steps don't solve your particular issue, please contact Matillion support for further assistance.
Check storage account contributor permissions
You need to have Storage Account Contributor permissions set as described in Roles & Permissions (Azure).
To check this:
- In your Azure console, select your storage account and then select Access Control (IAM).
- Check that the Storage Account Contributor role is allocated to the System assigned (instance credential), User assigned, or App identities.
- If you can't see this, add the role as described in Roles & Permissions (Azure).
Check storage account firewall
If you have the storage account firewall set to allow access from selected networks, this can cause connection problems.
To check this:
- In your Azure console, select your storage account and then select Networking.
- Under Public network access, a setting of Enabled from selected virtual networks and IP addresses may be causing your connection problems. Try changing the setting to Enabled from all networks.
- Try the connection again to see if this has resolved the issue. Note that it can take a few minutes for the changed setting to come into effect.
If you have a specific need to choose Enabled from selected virtual networks and IP addresses for Snowflake, please refer to the Snowflake documentation.
Currently, we don't support the Enabled from selected virtual networks and IP addresses setting when connecting to storage accounts in the Matillion ETL for Azure Synapse product.