Zoho CRM Query authentication guide
This is a step-by-step guide to acquiring credentials for authorizing the Zoho CRM Query component for use in Matillion ETL.
- The Zoho CRM Query component uses OAuth for third-party authentication.
- While connector properties may differ between cloud data warehouses, the authentication process remains the same.
- When authenticating the Zoho Query component, users must specify which regional Zoho auth server to use as a connection option. Read Authorization request to learn more. It is recommended to use the US auth server.
- Zoho supports HTTP version
1.1. This must also be specified as a connection option.
Click here for additional domain locations and URIs.
Begin by creating an OAuth entry in Matillion ETL, as described in Manage OAuth. You should then configure this OAuth entry using the Zoho CRM credentials, obtained as described below.
Acquiring Zoho CRM credentials
- Log in to the Zoho CRM developer console.
- Click Add client.
- Choose the Server-based Applications tile and click CREATE NOW.
- In the Create New Client dialog, complete the following fields:
- Client Name: A descriptive name for your new client.
- Homepage URL: The domain URL to be associated with the new client.
- Authorized Redirect URIs: Paste the Callback URL (copied earlier from the Manage OAuth dialog in Matillion ETL), then click Create.
- Your browser will refresh to a menu page for your new client. Copy your client ID and client secret credentials, as you'll use these in Matillion ETL.
- Copy the client secret immediately, as you can't view it once you leave the new client page.
- When copying the credentials, some browsers may add a space to the end of the string. Watch out for this, as it will cause the credentials to fail.
Authorizing for use in Matillion ETL
- Return to the Manage OAuth dialog in Matillion ETL and click the gear icon next to your new OAuth entry.
- Paste your client ID and client secret credentials into the corresponding fields.
- Click the Authorization link. Your browser will redirect to a Zoho CRM page, requesting access to data from the associated Zoho CRM account. Click Accept.
- Your browser will return to Matillion ETL declaring "Authorization successful".