The Matillion CDC agent requires an existing Log Analytics workspace to be available for its logging functionality. This must be completed prior to agent installation.
It is possible to use an existing Log Analytics workspace to use with the Matillion CDC agent, however we recommend setting up new resources which is covered in this article.
Setting up the workspace
- Log into your Microsoft Azure Portal.
- Browse to the Log Analytics workspaces resource.
- Click Create.
- Select a resource group and region. It is recommended to choose the same as you will be launching your agent (and Key Vault) in. You may want to create a new resource group to contain your CDC resources in.
- Give your new workspace a name and click Review + create then Create.
- After a brief moment your resource will be created. Click Go to resource when complete.
- While still in your new Log Analytics workspace resource, click Agents.
- Copy the Workspace ID field and store this value for later.
- Copy the Workspace Key (Primary) field and store this value for later.