The If component can evaluate an expression involving variables and direct the flow of an orchestration pipeline depending upon whether the expression evaluates to "true" or "false".
The If component has three output connectors. The blue (top) connector is followed when the expression evaluates to "true". The orange (center) connector is followed when the expression evaluates to "false". The red (bottom) connector is followed if a runtime error occurs during evaluation.
Variables involved in the expression must be declared in advance as pipeline variables or project variables. Read Variables for more information.
Name = string
A human-readable name for the component.
Mode = drop-down
- Simple: uses the Condition and Combine Conditions properties to define an expression.
Condition (Advanced mode) = code editor
Only used if Mode is Advanced.
Condition (Simple mode) = column editor
Click + to add a condition. Any number of conditions can be added; the Combine Conditions property will define how they work together.
For each condition, enter the following:
- Input Variable: The variable to use in the comparison. If the input variable is null, it will be considered blank.
- Qualifier: Select Is or Not. Not reverses the meaning of the comparator; for example, changing an "Equals" to a "Does Not Equal" expression.
- Comparator: Select the comparison operator.
- Value: Most commonly a constant value, but can also be a variable reference or expression. The value is parsed according to the type of the input variable.
Only used if Mode is Simple.
Combine Conditions = drop-down
Use the defined conditions in combination with one another according to either "And" or "Or". Only used if Mode is Simple.