The Alter Warehouse component allows users to edit a warehouse from within Designer. This component makes use of Snowflake's Alter Warehouse functionality.
Name = string
A human-readable name for the component.
Warehouse = drop-down
The Snowflake warehouse. The special value, [Environment Default], uses the Snowflake warehouse defined in your environment setup. For more information, read Snowflake's Virtual Warehouses documentation.
Command Type = drop-down
Select the operation to perform on the Snowflake warehouse:
- Abort All Queries: Aborts all the queries currently running or scheduled on a warehouse.
- Rename To: Rename this warehouse.
- Resume: Choose to bring back a suspended warehouse to a usable state by provisioning compute resources.
- Set: Alters the properties of a warehouse.
- Suspend: Choose to remove all compute nodes from a warehouse. Additionally, puts the warehouse into a SUSPENDED state.
- Unset: Resets the current value of a warehouse property back to its default value.
New Name = string
The new name for the Snowflake warehouse. This property is only relevant when Command type is set to Rename To.
Properties = dual listbox
Choose one or more properties to change. This property is only relevant when Command type is set to Set. The available properties are as follows:
- MAX_CONCURRENCY_LEVEL: Specifies the maximum number of SQL statements (queries, DDL, DML, etc.) a warehouse cluster can execute concurrently. The maximum concurrency is 8 times the number of processors on your cloud instance. For example: An instance with 2 processors has a maximum concurrency of 16.
- STATEMENT_QUEUED_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS: Specifies the time, in seconds, an SQL statement (query, DDL, DML, etc.) can be queued on a warehouse before it is canceled by the system.
- STATEMENT_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS: Specifies the time, in seconds, after which a running SQL statement (query, DDL, DML, etc.) is canceled by the system.
- COMMENT: Adds a comment or overwrites the existing comment for the warehouse.
- WAREHOUSE_SIZE: Choose a warehouse size.
- MAX_CLUSTER_COUNT: The number of available clusters (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5).
- MIN_CLUSTER_COUNT: Optionally set to a value greater than 1.
- AUTO_SUSPEND: If auto-suspend is enabled (set to TRUE), the warehouse is automatically suspended if the warehouse is inactive for the specified period of time.
- AUTO_RESUME: If auto-resume is enabled (set to TRUE), the warehouse is automatically resumed when any statement that requires a warehouse is submitted to the current warehouse for the session.
- RESOURCE_MONITOR: Sets the warehouse to use a resource monitor.
- SCALING_POLICY: Specifies the policy for automatically starting and shutting down clusters in a multi-cluster warehouse running in auto-scale mode. Set to STANDARD or ECONOMY.