GCP Secret Manager
Google Cloud's Secret Manager stores private keys, passwords, certificates, and other sensitive data. Several functions in the Data Productivity Cloud require access to these resources.
Creating secrets in GCP Secret Manager
- Navigate to the Secret Manager page in the Google Cloud console.
- On the Secret Manager page, click Create Secret.
- On the Create secret page, enter the following:
- Name: Give your secret a Name to identify it. The secret name will be used by the Data Productivity Cloud to locate and use the correct key.
- Secret Value: Either upload the value or enter the secret value in JSON format.
- Region: Choose specific regions for storing your secret. Select specific regions manually or leave blank.
- Click Create secret.
Once created, you can view your secret by clicking View secret value.
Your Data Productivity Cloud agent will require the following GCP Secret Manager permission:
To learn more, read IAM Permissions.