Bing Ads Query authentication guide
This is a step-by-step guide to acquiring Bing Ads credentials and authorizing the Bing Ads Query component.
The Bing Ads Query component uses OAuth 2.0 for third-party authentication.
Create an OAuth connection
- You need to create an OAuth connection. Follow the instructions in OAuth until you reach the Developer token, Customer Id, and Client Id fields—at which point, you should return to this page.
- Read the section below to acquire your Bing Ads credentials.
Acquire Bing Ads credentials
- Log in to the Microsoft Advertising Developer Account page. "Super Admin" role login credentials are required. Your browser should automatically open on the Microsoft Advertising account dashboard.
- From here, copy the code next to Developer token and paste that into the Developer Token field in the Add new OAuth dialog.
Log in to the Microsoft Advertising Developer Portal. Your browser will load the Campaigns page. This page's URL will contain the Customer ID (after
cid=) followed by the Account ID (after
aid=). Copy and paste each credential into its corresponding field in Add new OAuth. An example is shown below.
- A new browser tab will open, connecting you to the third party. Select your account, and complete the connection (e.g. in Google, click Allow). Upon success, this browser tab will close.
- The OAuth connections menu will now display your new OAuth connection.
- Your new OAuth connection is ready for use with the Bing Ads Query component.