Designer manages user access at the project level. For each project you create, you must define which users have access to that project.
Not added a project yet? Read Add project.
Add user access
You can only add users to the project if you have Admin level access. Users are automatically made Admin of projects they create themselves.
- From the Your projects menu, select your project.
- Navigate to the Access tab.
- Click Add user.
- Select a user from the User drop-down.
- The drop-down list displays every user defined in your Hub account. Read Manage account users for more details.
- To filter the list, begin typing a user name in the field.
Select a Project role for the user. Available roles are:
- Read-only: A read-only user can view pipelines in Designer but can't create, edit, delete, commit, merge, or run pipelines within the project. A banner is displayed at the top of the Designer UI to warn the user that they are a read-only user.
- User: A standard user has full access to the Designer UI to create, edit, delete, commit, merge, or run pipelines within the project.
- Admin: An admin user has all the privileges of a User, and can also administer (add, edit, and delete) other users.
For the specific granular permissions associated with each role, read Role permissions.
Click Add to add the user.
To change a user's project role, click ... for that user and click Edit user.
To delete a user, click ... for that user and click Delete user.
You can only edit or delete users if you have Admin level access.
The three user roles, Read-only, User, and Admin, have the following specific permissions.
|Pull remote branches||✅||✅||✅|