Jira Query authentication guide
This is a step-by-step guide to acquiring credentials for authorizing the Jira Query connector for use in Matillion ETL.
While connector properties may differ between cloud data warehouses, the authentication process remains the same.
Begin by creating an OAuth entry in Matillion ETL, as described in Manage OAuth. You should then configure this OAuth entry using the Jira credentials, obtained as described below.
Acquiring Jira credentials
- Log in to the Atlassian portal, and enter valid login credentials. The Atlassian product dashboard will open.
- Click your user icon in the top right, and click Account Settings from the drop-down.
- On the Atlassian Account page, click Security on the top menu.
- On the security page, click Create and manage API tokens at the bottom of the API token section.
- On the API Tokens page, click Create API token.
- In the Create an API token dialog, enter a short, memorable name for the new API token in the Label field, then click Create.
- The dialog will now display Your new API token, with the token value displayed in an obscured field. Click Copy to copy the token value to the clipboard. It doesn't matter that the value is obscured in the field, it will be copied correctly to the clipboard. Click Close to close the dialog. You will see the new token is added to the token list.
- Make sure to copy the API token immediately as it will only appear once.
- When copying the token, some browsers may add a space to the end of the string. Watch out for this as it will cause the credentials to fail.
Now return to the Manage OAuth dialog in Matillion ETL and use the copied API token to complete the OAuth configuration.