Stripe Query Authentication Guide
This is a step-by-step guide to acquiring a Stripe API key to authorize the Stripe Query component.
Authorizing the Stripe Query component involves four steps:
- Obtain an API key from the Stripe developer portal.
- Create a Secret in AWS Secrets Manager.
- Add a Secret definition to the Your projects menu.
- Use the API Key property drop-down in the Stripe Query component to select the API key you have created by this process.
Obtain an API key
- Log in to the Stripe developer dashboard.
- Click Developers in the upper-right of the dashboard.
- Click the API keys tab.
- In the Standard keys section, locate the Publishable key and click the key's Token to copy it. This is your API key.
Create an AWS Secret
- Log on to the AWS console, and in the search bar search for Secrets Manager to access the Secrets page.
- Click Store a new secret.
- Select Other type of secret and enter a Key/value pair, in which:
- Key is a name denoting a Stripe API key entry.
- Value is the literal Stripe API key.
- Click Next and on the next page enter a Secret name. This is the name that will appear in the Secret definitions list in your Your projects.
- The remainder of the details are not needed, so click Next and Next again, then Store to complete the creation of the secret.
Add a secret definition
Follow the steps in Add new secret definition.
Return to Designer
- Return to the Stripe Query component in Designer.
- Click into the API Key property.
- Select your new secret definition representing your Stripe API key.
- Click Save.