Marketo Query authentication guide
This is a step-by-step guide to acquiring Marketo credentials and authorizing the Marketo Query component.
Create an OAuth connection
- You need to create an OAuth connection. Follow the instructions in OAuth until you reach the Client ID and Client Secret fields—at which point, you should return to this page.
- Read the section below to acquire your Marketo credentials.
Acquire Marketo credentials
- Log into the Marketo Developer Portal.
- Click Admin in the upper-right of the user interface.
- Click LaunchPoint under Integration on the left sidebar menu.
- Click View Details next to the service you want to connect to Designer.
Copy the credentials from both the Client ID and Client Secret fields.
When copying the credentials, some browsers may add a space to the end of the string. Watch out for this as it will cause the credentials to fail.
Return to the Add new OAuth dialog in the Data Productivity Cloud.
- Paste your client ID and client secret into the correct fields.
- Click Authorize.
- A new browser tab will open, connecting you to the third party. Select your account, and complete the connection. Upon success, this browser tab will close.
- The OAuth connections menu will now display your new OAuth connection.
- Your new OAuth connection is ready for use with the Marketo Query component.